- Assesses blood pressure, heart rate, respiration
- Checks oxygen saturation
- Provides treatments such as wound care, blood sugar monitoring and medication administration
- Assesses tolerance of new medications, assessing for adverse side effects
- Teaches regarding medications, diet and signs and symptoms of a developing problem
- Teaches the patient how to manage their illness, disease or compensate for an injury
- Case manages a plan of care and coordination of additional health services or community resources that will allow the patient to remain in their own home safely.