Patient Safety Awareness Week
March 10, 2019 @ 4:00 am - March 16, 2019 @ 1:00 pm
Your health and safety are our top concern. After a surgery, illness, or injury, it is important to make sure that your home fits your needs. Take a moment to speak with your nurse, therapist, or certified aid to determine if your home is safe for you. There are many small things you can do to stay independent in your home and avoid trips and falls.
Here are five quick tips:
- Have handrails at every staircase or ramp. If needed, install a chairlift.
- Put grab bars in your bathroom to help you get in or out of the shower.
- Clear out floor clutter and unnecessary furniture.
- Be sure that all carpets and rugs are completely flat and have a non-skid backing.
- Stay within reach of a telephone at all times or get an emergency response device.